Everything you consume can affect your overall health as well as your oral health. In order to keep your smile safe, various products should be avoided. Is your smile prepared with the right diet? For a list of food and drinks to avoid, and things to do, see the following list:
– Exercise safety when biting into any foods or substances that may seem tough or hard, as they are more than capable of breaking teeth.
– Products that are naturally highly acidic are capable of eating through the tooth enamel and should be limited or avoided altogether.
– Sticky and chewy foods are highly dangerous to your oral health because they stick around long after mealtime. The longer substances are in contact with your teeth and gums, the longer tooth decay and gum disease can take place.
– Sugary foods and foods high in carbohydrates are risky for your health and your mouth. Avoid sugary sweets and treats, as they can be converted into harmful acids in your mouth that cause enamel erosion.
– Never eat acidic products as standalone snacks, but instead keep them with larger meals to help neutralize the acids.
For more oral health care advice or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Afshin Azmoodeh and our team at our office in Plano, Texas, please contact Legacy Trails Dental at 214-227-1000. We look forward to helping you soon!